As all mobile phone device and operators may differ, not all of the below may be possible, but we advise exercising all the available security features
- Encrypt your phone.
- Set up a lock screen password, PIN, etc. on your phone.
- Set up a password, PIN, etc. on any mobile app that supports it e.g. Authy PIN protection.
- Take advantage of any extra security features from your phone operator, such a requiring an extra PIN or password before changes can be made to your account.
- If your phone stops working and a restart does not fix the problem, contact your phone operator immediately to find out why.
- Contact your phone operator and, if possible, ask them to require you to personally go into an operator owned store with a proof of identity in order to transfer your phone number to a different SIM card*.
* Unfortunately, this last suggestion is not foolproof and you must take action to secure your phone and email in order to limit the damage caused in the event a hacker succeeds in taking over your phone number.